Tonight my sister, niece, mom and I were going through a trunk full of things from my moms side of the family....silver dollars, valentines, family Bibles, pictures, etc... We found a valentine from my poppop to my mommom from the 5th grade. The valentine was wrapped tightly inside a letter that my mommom wrote to my poppop after he died. It was the sweetest, most poetic, saddest letter I have ever read. It talked about how much she missed him and how she enjoyed seeing the flowers and trees he had planted in the yard and how they reminded her of him. She went on to say that she could not wait to join him and they could live forever on their farm once again in heaven. Is that sad or what? That moment I decided I am not pulling up anymore of these blasted Iris plants that I hate. I have been trying to get rid of them for years and I think I might just keep them, my grandfather planted them and my grandmother loved them and so will I.
aw that is so sad :( You can look at the iris' and think of your mommom it will be a good reminder :)
ReplyDelete