Sunday, July 11, 2010

what have i been up to you ask?

Painting. I have been a painting fool here lately. I painted blue and green stripes in my hallway, I painted my fridge in the house purple, I painted my railings and other random objects around the house and I painted an acrylic on canvas mermaid pic. It is very cartoony and cute. I almost think I could sell pictures like this with a little more practice (I accidently only gave my mermaid 9 fingers...details details).

Alex and I have begun been trying to make my house ours I guess you could say. I know next summer I am going to be so overwhelmed with wedding stuff that I thought I would start now. One reason he really loved the house he grew up in was the backyard. So we are trying to make the backyard more sit-able if that makes any sense. The other day we bought 30 of those stones you lay in the yard to make a patio. This week we are going to buy 40 more to make it big enough for a fire pit, chairs, and the backyard table. I think it is going to be very nice and hopefully a place where many memories are made. My front porch definitely lacks privacy! I am going to prolong painting my pink girly cutsey bedroom because I want it to be pink girly and Jamieliscious for as long as I can get away with it :]

Also, Alex and I are getting a canoe! This is something we have been wanting to do for the past 2 years and we are finally going to do it. The canoe, oars, and lifevests are going to cost about a thousand bucks so I am thinking we may incorporate this canoe into our honeymoon. We have been talking about going to Savannah, GA for a few years and I have never been so we may take a roadtrip there and bring the canoe! Savannah isn't exactly tropical but since we are staying at my house we are going to save up so much money that we can do a tropical honeymoon for our 1 year anniversary if we want! Plus our honeymoon would be in the first week of October and I cannot think of a better place to be in October than Savannah. I believe Savannah is known for being incredibly haunted and spooky and I would love it! I love fall so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment